A business owner tells me she is sabotaging her success. A senior executive in a large corporation does not trust his ability to lead even though he has a great track record.
- Do you worry that you, your family, or business associates have low self-esteem?
- Have you or your associates and family lost money and opportunities due to low self-esteem?
- Are you concerned that low self-esteem could ruin your business, wealth, or family?
Psychologists tell us over and over that low self-esteem is at the root of all problems in business and in our personal lives. they describe self-esteem as something we are stuck with from our childhood, unless we go into therapy for years. If you have low self-esteem from your childhood, they say, you are at risk for more problems in every area of your life.
Risks and Dangers of Low Self-Esteem
Here are just a few of the risks the psychologists warn us about:
- Underachieving in your education and career.
- Making much less money for your business.
- Having more problems of all kinds in your life, including health, money relationships, etc.
- Divorce, other serious relationship problems.
- Passing low self-esteem on to your children, giving them more problems and less success.
A Radically different View – Clients and I Challenge This Belief
- Doesn’t this bother you?
- Don’t you want to stand up and say, Wait a minute, I am a grownup person, I can change?
- Are you really willing to be a victim of your childhood, years or decades later?
When I started my work on positive leadership and change, my first client manager was transformed in just a few minutes. in less than a half hour he and his team went from being really scared about their new venture, since it had never been tried before, to being excited and confident.
Their results were so good that their company had them repeat this across the country and the rest of their industry copied them
Neither God, nor angels, or just men command you to suffer a single moment; therefore it is your solemn and imperative duty to use every means, .moral, intellectual, and physical, that promises success. – Henry Highland Garnett
How to Dramatically Increase your Self-Esteem and Business Results-FAST
That’s when I knew that we can create huge positive changes as adults. If you surround yourself with positive people and stretch yourself to grow and take new positive actions, you can build your self-esteem.
If you associate with negative people, work in negative settings, and don’t challenge yourself to grow, your self-esteem will stay lower. It is up to you.
Self esteem is something you can manage every day, not something you are stuck with from childhood.
The Language of Self-Esteem–Appreciation
Appreciation is the language of self-esteem. It is not just a feel-good exercise, but positive feedback given by one person to another.
Do you want a more profitable business?
Without this language of self-esteem, your business will always be less profitable. Employees who are regularly and skillfully appreciated have the confidence to face challenges far more successfully than those who are not. they can risk being creative, for better, faster, more cost-effective results.
Bottom Line–The Three most Powerful Lessons from Clients
For over 25 years, I have helped leaders create more positive workplaces for faster easier better results while strengthening all involved. Many positive practical leadership systems, developed with clients’ needs in mind, have dramatically increased their self-esteem and their business results.
Over the years, clients and I discovered three powerful truths about appreciation:
1. the hunger for appreciation runs far deeper than I knew when I started this work as the core of all I do.
2. everyone needs appreciation and has huge silent scars from not receiving enough.
3. You have to have skills and know what you are doing-good intentions are not nearly enough. You can actually cause harm without great skills.
What You Say Is What You get – Power Quote
You do not have to be a victim. take charge of your self-esteem. Build it It is yours. do something every day to increase it, to be proud of yourself
Copyright 1987-2008, ITLC, LLC all Rights Reserved.